Skip to content
- Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University (SZABMU) Islamabad was established through an Act of Parliament on 21st March 2013. The Vice Chancellor was appointed by the Chancellor – President of Pakistan, on the recommendation of Search Committee on 7th January 2014.
- The mission of Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University is to be a premier research-intensive medical university that will educate medical students, paramedics, and postdoctoral fellows in accordance with international professional standards; to prepare clinicians to practice patient-centered medicine of the highest quality; and to identify and answer fundamental questions with regards to prevention and treatment of diseases, in health care delivery and in the basic sciences thereby to improve health through leadership, discovery and innovation in patient care, education and research.
- To advance national health through teaching, research and service; foster innovation, to build and bring about fresh, creative solutions that address the health needs of the Pakistani society.
- To attract the best and brightest minds and train them as future national and international leaders, and in setting standards of excellence among faculty, staff and to recruit, retain, nurture and promote those who represent the best in the country.
- To advance the academic and professional ranks of the very best faculty and staff through mentoring, training and strategic management of career transitions, building upon a diverse community of scientists, clinicians, administrators, staff, trainees and students together with monitoring, transparency and accountability.
- To create and provide laboratory infrastructure equipped with next generation sequencing, DNA Typing, PCR analysis and protein purification processes, for advanced research in, genetic and infectious diseases, stem cells and re-generative medicine, gene cloning and translation of laboratory research into products and processes of direct relevance to National health.